15 Must Know Influencer & Video Stats for 2017
By now most online marketers have heard the term influencer marketing or have even attempted their first campaign. However, many are still trying to drill down a solid process alongside proving out its return on investment. This is simply the process of evolution. Remember 10 years ago when marketers we’re debating the effectiveness of social media marketing? Well fast forward and now social media marketing and advertising is an integral part of many marketing facets.
Luckily, many fearless marketers have dove into the deep end of influencer marketing campaigns and have discovered some great insights and key findings.
Here are 15 of our favourite Influencer & Video Marketing stats from the last year.
1. Customers acquire through influencer marketing are 37% more retainable. (Source)
2. 50% of people rely on influencer recommendations. (Source)
3. Influencers in the 30K – 300K follower range can offer the best combination of engagement and reach. (Source)
4. 54% of influencers say they will work with brands who respect them as they would any other publisher. (Source)
5. Influencers generate 60% more conversion than standard ads. (Source)
6. Influencer campaigns have proven effective to over 80% of marketers. (Source)
7. Data backed influencers ads earn $20 for every $1. (source)
8. 92% of people trust recommendations from individuals over brands. (Source)
9. Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase. (Source)
10. 50% of internet users watch product videos before visiting a store. (Source)
11. 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy. (Source)
12. 60% of marketers say video content has the best ROI. (Source)
13. Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds. (Source)
14. Nearly 70% of millennials use ad blockers. (Source)
15. 45% of people watch more than an hour of YouTube videos a week. (Source)